Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sights, Sounds and Thoughts

Thanks to my annual cold, I've been muddling through the week with my senses clogged and mind muddied.

I do get the occasional moment of clarity though. The good thing about colds is that I appreciate these moments a little more than usual.

Some sights and sounds from today.

Sun streaming on a wall of books. Little circles of sun skirt around the pine floorboards.

Steaming cup of cappuccino. The guy behind the counter is a fashion designer. What do you make? "Avant-garde dresses", he says.

A woman's face, separated by a wall of glass, barely a foot away from me. Long, dark hair, and is that a hint of a smile I see through the glass fog.

Two ginger cookies nestled in a crisp wax wrapper. Little sugar crystals on the surface beckon happily.

Sounds of samba and sharp notes of acrylic float from the studio next door as I type this.

I wish I had a camera, if only to record these moments.

Maybe I will. I toy with the idea of going to Buenos Aires, just me, my camera and the thought of living for the present.

2 comments:

Malicious said...

Sounds like some scene in an emo movie where the rain is pouring outside and the view of the window with raindrops are present on screen.

And then there's the hot cup of coffee on the table by the side of the window, steaming.

The girl sits in her kaftan by the window staring out at the rain and she has a book in her hand.

ShadowLight said...

Then the Bangla music plays -and the whole street is filled with people in synchronize dance -Bollywood style.

cheer up :D