Sunday, January 11, 2009

Resolutions

In the spirit of 2009 and all resolutions that get broken by Jan 31, I have decided to make a list just for the heck of it.


1. Stay in shape

This is a mantra that I inevitably end up chanting every Sunday night after a week of non-stop mooching, alcohol-fueled merriment and other forms of debauchery. My moment of truth arrived when I finally realized why Ma always makes me wear one of her skirts. Call it an ego trip or anything, but she seems to derive a glimmer of satisfaction when I turn blue from sucking in my stomach while trying to fit into that darned thing.


So, considering that I will be stuck in this ol' body of mine for the next 60 years (god-willing!), I’d better make sure that this machine stays well-oiled until the last stop.


2. Stop mauling my nails

At one point, I had whittled one particular fingernail until there was nothing left but the cuticle. Sure, my hands are great for shock value, but who knows when I will run out of cotton buds and need proper-length talons to dig out some earwax.


3. Stop eating crap at work

See resolution 1.


There are still a 1001 more resolutions in the pipeline. I could, for instance,

Do stuff that makes me happy

Stop sweating the small stuff

Be a better daughter/sister/girlfriend/friend

Save more

Read more

Write more

Articulate better

Change careers

Be more giving

Be more considerate


But hey, life starts with a step at a time. Onward and forward!

3 comments:

Malicious said...

My resolution:

1. Earn more
2. Swine more
3. Tease ppl mercilessly more
4. Bust Hoh Yun's ass more
5. Bust TJ's face more
6. Bust Choon's choon toi more
7. Try to get the new year party's host to go out with me.

ioney said...

hahaha..that's a pretty comprehensive list. What about chee hong and adrian?

Malicious said...

Ok, I just added 2 extras on my list:

8. Kick Chee Hong into the water this time instead of me flying into the water.

9. Help Adrian bust TJ's face.