Yesterday, I attended a memorial service for a friend's mother. She had passed away after a year-long fight with cancer.
Times like these, you wonder about the Big Question in life. I wonder what would I do when the time comes.
Would I be able to face the issues of life and death with courage and strength? I can't adequately express the admiration I have for my friend, who had juggled the heartbreak and responsibilities of the past year with such composure.
Later in the day, it was off to a finger-lickin' hot pot session at HC's. Alcohol was imbibed, bawdy jokes abounded and debauchery of all forms reigned the night-- all further descriptions will be left to the imagination of you, the reader.
When I think about the highs and lows of all that happened yesterday, I give thanks for the carefree and lovely life that I have now. I know my time to mourn will eventually arrive, andI'm counting on my capacity to adjust and the do the right thing when that day, that email, that phone call in the dead of the night occurs.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We get by everyday not thinking about it. I am sorry for your friend's loss.
yeah man..thanks for the note of concern ;)
Btw will be back in Dec-- lets go training!
Post a Comment